Municipality: Castillo de Locubín
Regions: Sierra Sur de Jaén
Altitude: 635.02 m
Batán Tower is also known as Triana Tower since it is located over the bridge of the same name by the river San Juan. It is located on the suburb, north of the town of Locubín castle.
Its origin is Christian and it was probably built during the 14th century. The building is representative of the watchtowers built to the South of Jaén, near the Nasrid border, during the 13th and the 14th centuries.
In addition to its military purpose, from year 1600 it was used by Count Humares as an oil mill.
Later on it was used as a fulling mill from which it got its current name.
Mores castles and fortresses
In the region of Sierra Sur de Jaén
Project funded by:
Project coordinated by: