Regions: La Loma y Las Villas
Altitude: 580.2 m
Iberi or Ibri, as it was named by the ancient inhabitants, is located on the left bank of the River Guadalimar, near Baeza, on the northwest side of Loma de Úbeda.
From Iberian origins, the Cyclopean wall had a strategic location, protecting both the most vulnerable area and the area closest to the rivers.
The Cyclopean Wall was built for defensive purposes since it surrounded the greatest part of the town and it was made by large, superimposed stones. These stones were formed by slightly compact, porous sandstone.
The thickness of the wall is sufficient to allow a footpath to run along the top and which might have been used for security purposes.
From a chronological point of view, we could state that the wall belongs to the Iberian period, between the 4th and the 1st century BC. However, it is possible that it was actually built a bit later, during the Roman period.
Ibros Cyclopean Wall was declared a Historic Artistic Monument in 1931, and it was restored by the Andalucian Government in 1987.